Tuesday, April 28, 2009

In The Same Boat!

I'm just going to cut to the chase: Neil and I are both unemployed. Around 5 pm yesterday, Neil called me to say "we are in the same boat." I was confused by this because I already assumed we were in the same proverbial boat. I said "What?" He said he lost his job. And I said "what" about 10 times in confusion. When he called I was at DSW with his mom and sister. Bennett and I left and went home to see Neil. I was stressed when I got in the car and do you know that the perfect song for me in that moment was on the radio? Here is the chorus to "By Your Side" by 10th Ave. North:

Cause I'll be by your side wherever you fall
In the dead of night whenever you call
Please don't fight these hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you

I cried a little bit and Neil assured me that everything would be fine. I know it will be OK because the Lord has gone before us. He will protect us and be our provider as He always does. For those of you who don't know, Neil lost his job back in 2007. Back then we did not have a baby and I also had a job!

Neil made a bunch of calls today to try to get something going. We are hoping and praying for a new position for him soon. We are looking at this as a positive thing. It was time for Neil to move on because he was unable to advance where he was working. We know that he will be on to bigger and better things.

With trials comes some sweet things. The baby slept the WHOLE night. We fed him this morning aroun 6 and then he slept in our bed until 9 am! Please look at my sweet boys:

4 comments:

  1. I am absolutely in love with this picture!!! I think you are right that bigger and better things are to come- Neil has a lot of great skills to offer and someone will appreciate how hard-working he is! I love ya'll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! We will be praying for y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely praying for the Lewis'. Side note - I love that song. I can really belt out a tune on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dont you love these pics!!!! y'all are in our prayers!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...