Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Crawfishin'!

We had a wonderful time at our 2nd Annual Crawfish Boil on Saturday. We had people come to the boil from all over the place. We had friends in from Dallas, Houston, Missouri, and even Bossier City! I have been praying for good weather and it was just beautiful! I am talking BEAUTIFUL! My dad got the same band from last year, Pocket Change. They are a pretty good band...I just wish they would play some country music. Neil's co-worker, Brad is a member of the Shreveport Yacht Club and he suggested that we have it out there. It turned out to be a great location and I hoping we can have it out there next year. We had some personalized cups made too. Bennett was about the cutest thing you have ever seen in his crawfish outfit. Everyone wanted to hold him the whole day. I am so glad that so many people love him. Neil, Chris, and Ryan boiled 200 pounds of crawfish! It was the perfect amount with none to spare! A bunch of my friends helped out and made dips and desserts. It was a huge help! I made this and this.

Here are the mudbugs before boiling:



Neil and some guys made the cool crawfish tables last year. They are perfect because you can just throw the shells right in the middle!


I got these adorable crawfish cookies at Cheesecakes and More! So cute and so tasty!

Our little family with the 2nd annual cup and boil pots.


I made a little game for the kids. Crawfishin! I wanted to buy a little kiddie pool but I think the boiling pot worked. The adults had fun with it too.

This is the only picture I have of people eating crawfish! I can't believe I didn't take more!

This was trying to be a Lewis family picture...Let's just call it the "extended family!"

Me and my sweet boy.


Bennett loved stirring the crawfish pot. He is going to love helping Daddy in the future!


All in all it was a wonderful day. We were so glad that our good friends from Missouri came to stay with us too. Ryan and Larkin are about to move to Oregon so it may be awhile before we see them again!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome Back! The crawfish boil looks awesome!! I have not had any in quite some time...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...