Monday, April 20, 2009

4 months, Dinner Parties, and Babysitter!

Last week Bennett turned 4 Months old! He is getting to be such a big sweet boy! He is really starting to get his own personality. Here is what Bennett is up to these days:

-He smiles and laughs...it is the cutest thing you have ever seen.
-He ROLLS over! We are so proud!
-He is sleeping OK. He wakes up 2-3 times a night. We are down to only feeding him once.
-He loves to be outside! He can be crying and the moment you walk outside...he stops! It's like an on/off switch for crying.
-His hands are CONSTANTLY in his mouth.
-He is the love of our lives!

With such a big milestone...comes shots! He was just laughing and looking at himself in the mirror before he got his shots.


I hate the shots worse than he does I think. Daddy was with us this time and he held his head still for the nurse. I watched the whole thing and it was worse than being right next to Bennett! I cried like a baby when my sweet boy turned bright red and screamed in pain. It is the saddest thing to hear. He was A-OK when we got home. (Notice band-aids on thighs)


We had 3 dinner parties last week. On Tuesday, we had Bunco and I hosted. I made Italian casserole and this totally fab cake! Bennett was going to BWW with Daddy but stayed with us instead. His friend Caleb came over too. Caleb was born 2 days before Bennett. We were in the same hospital at the same time and have the same OB! (Caleb had just had his 4 month shots)

We had a new supper club that my friend at Chateau Buteau started. It was a great way to get together with couples who have kids. We had some yummy Italian food. Next month, it's at Casa de Lewis...we are having Mexican!

Last, we had all of our friends over from our annual couples trip. We have been taking a couples trip to the beach every year for the past 4. This year will be 5! I can't believe it's been that long. We are not going to the beach this year because I don't want to be that far away from Bennett and another couple is pregnant! Yay! Also, this will be my first night away from Bennett. I am a little nervous but, I know he will be in "grand" hands with his grandparents!

We went to Ruston on Friday for a nice visit. We went to eat at the new 102-A Bistro. This restaurant is the talk of the town in Ruston. I hope we can go again soon. Bennett had his first babysitter on Saturday night. We went to a wedding of a girl that Neil graduated high school with. Beth (Uncle Andrew's girlfriend) babysat Bennett. She was so sweet to keep him. She said he didn't cry one time! I have to say that I was pretty proud of my little one. I only called her once while we were gone!


Here are Bennett's Stats from our 4 month appointment:

Head: 50th percentile

Length: 23.5 inches (10th percentile)

Weight: 13 lbs 13 oz (25th percentile)

2 comments:

  1. WOW! He is growing up so fast!
    i love being able to see what y'all are up to. Keep up the great blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those big smiles! Its so funny how they love that mirror now. Caleb looks so sad. He's saying don't you feel sorry for me? I just had 3 shots!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...