Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Week 2 of Summer

Our summer has been very, very, very low-key.  I try to get fun things planned for the boys, but I am afraid I am just tapped out with Baby Girl to do as much as we normally do.  I feel guilty when we stay home and do nothing, but my mom had to remind me that the boys do NOT have to be entertained constantly.  I agree!  Reigning it in now.

We have had meals brought to us for the last 7 weeks and it has been the biggest blessing.  I cannot explain how nice it is to not have to worry about making a meal.  About 20 different families chipped in every other night for the last 7 weeks.  Amazing.
The Howard's brought Papa Murphy's and got little pizzas for the boys...they love making their own food.  Henry stacked all his pepperonis in 1 stack and used all of his cheese ad Bennett's leftover cheese.  Bennett put one tiny pile of cheese in the center and his pepperonis all around the cheese.  Such a difference!

Preakness picked up this beauty along with 3 others.

We've been spending a lot of time at the library.  The boys love the computers.  Bennett got his library card and always wants to "buy" stuff with it.

We went back to church after 6 weeks!  Sister wore bloomers for the first time and I loved showing them off!

We sent the boys to Ruston for the weekend to stay with Nana and Granddad so we could pack.  Our packing was cut short when Henry's arm was pulled out of socket.  I happened to call Nana to check on the boys and I heard Henry screaming.  She said that they were playing rough and Bennett jerked his arm hard and pulled it out.  Bennett felt horrible and was crying and kept trying to tend to Henry.  I am so glad he felt bad because I would have been worried if he didn't care about his brother. When she said Henry was holding his wrist I knew that it was out.  They loaded up and headed to Minden and we did the same. We got to Henry and he kept saying "my arm hurts." Poor, pitiful thing.  It was so sad.  I got him an Icee and he wouldn't touch it...he must have been in pain! I called every medical person I knew to see if they could get it back in for us because all of the "quick care" places were closed.  They all said they couldn't do it and to go to the ER.  Neil said he thought he could get it back in place because he had seen it done two other times! No!  Neil took Henry to the ER because he said I freak out too much and cry more than Henry.  I know he is right, but I still wanted to be there.  I got SK and B to bed while H was at the ER.  Neil brought him home and he acted like nothing had even happened!


getting it all loaded up...  :(    Henry looked in the cabinet and said "where are all my books?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...