Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy 2013!

I have always wanted to have a New Year's Day party with all the traditional foods.  I don't know why but it's been something I've always wanted to do. I am so glad I did it this year!  We invited only close friends and planned for it to be a small crowd.  It turned out to be 16 adults and 18 kids!  

The food was pretty much awesome.  I just get so much satisfaction out of cooking and then it actually tasting good.  I made Trisha Yearwood's mac and cheese, Emeril's black eyed peas, and Paula Deen's cabbage.  Leslie whipped up broccoli cornbread that was so wonderful I've been daydreaming about it.  Neil picked up a ham and others brought various dips and snacks.  It was sooooo delish!

The mac and cheese and peas

Ham and cabbage 

Champagne glass cupcakes...the kids loved these!

The little favor was snap and pops, a confetti popper, and a horn

My last minute tablescape of dry black-eyed peas and sparklers

The main food table with party horns hanging down from the chandelier.

I was so thankful Leslie stayed for the party.  She really came through in a pinch...she basically made the cabbage while I cleaned up someone's tee tee accident!  Thanks, Les!

Rebecca gave the boys these adorable firecracker shirts for Christmas.  Love them.

Beau, Cole, James, and Chris

Boys!  Drew, Brown, Henry, and Briggs

The Smith family watching the fireworks

Andre' was so good with the sparklers!

Erin and me "sparklering"

Most of the kids were scared of the fireworks especially Bennett.  My boy who is scared of NOTHING..is terrified of fireworks!

Cute superheroes!

I really tried to get a picture of them in their matching shirts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...