Saturday, January 26, 2013

31

Well I turned 31 on January 16th and I am just now getting around to posting.  The main reason is because I am so busy in the evenings typing PowerPoint presentations for my 3 subjects I have this semester.  I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but it is.  So, back to blogging!

I felt really special and really old this birthday.  I guess that's what happens when you are almost 40.  I started my day off with dressing my boys in their birthday clothes and going to school to celebrate with 80 students.  

birthday girl with the sweetest boys


Bennett and Neil went shopping for the perfect gifts for me...the contents are below



Casey made me feel extra special and shipped this personalized cup to me!



Contents of my gift from the boys and Neil



One of my students brought me a gift!  It was a candle.  How sweet!



Neil brought lunch to me and ate with me in my classroom.  He even brought flowers!!

Amy met me at the nail place to tell me happy birthday.



Rebecca surprised me with Buttercups at school.






nails done on my birthday!

We were so thankful that my dad wanted to take us to Mabry House for my birthday.  Before we went to the restaurant I had to stop at an Academic Foundation meeting for school from 6-7.  I was late to my dinner, but it was fine because Janine said that people should wait on me because I am the birthday girl! :)

Neil and me


Neil, me, Dwight, Dad, and Carolyn...My dad eats with Dwight every Wednesday and this was a  Wednesday so Dwight came along for the celebration.



Birthday Creme Brulee 


Cupcake with the boys on my birthday

Neil was such a sweetie and planned a little family gathering for my birthday the Sunday after.  It was so sweet!  I didn't even know he had planned it until he had all the plans made... what a sweetie!

Dad with H

Janine made the most awesome Mac and Cheese for me

We had my favorites: Outback bread and salad

Pops and Nana

Grandmas love Henry!

Bennett and Uncle Andrew

Rebecca had this beautiful cake made for me! I kept asking why she had a 31 put on it???

Rebecca and Amy were the best cleaners ever!  

Bennett helping me with the candles was so sweet.


All the singers singing "Today is a birthday..."


Parents and a 31 year old.

SIL and SIL

Since we were all out of school and work the next day for MLK day, Neil's parents stayed with us.  We were so glad because the boys love waking up with them here.  The best part was that after the boys went to bed, Nana rubbed our feet.  She could get a job as a foot masseuse.  It is soooooo awesome!





2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fabulous birthday! That cake looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed out loud with your "I'm almost 40 comment"! I'm glad you had such a special day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...