Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The BIG Move

Boy was this an ordeal!!! We have had our house on the market since August with a Realtor. We finally had an offer that we accepted in October when we were in Nashville. We haven't been talking a ton about it just in case something fell through. We found the house we live in now sometime in August and had it contingent on the sell of our house. When we finally had a legitimate offer...we were thrilled! We began to set everything up to move.

We started packing, scheduling workers, and getting ready for this big event. We had a variety of people at the new house on moving day. I scheduled everyone to be there at 1 pm because our closing was at noon. Everyone showed up...which was great because Neil and I were spent and could not have gotten half the stuff done without those people.

We did have a little glitch to our system on moving day. I dropped Bennett off at daycare and they called me about 30 minutes later to tell me that he was running a 103.2 fever. I ran to get him and we headed to the doctor. I took this picture with my phone. He was so sweet and just wanted to be held. He even fell asleep on me...he hasn't done that in ages. He ended up having a little infection. We were at the doctors office for 2 hours on moving day. It was not fun at Mid-City, but my baby is well and that's all that matters!

So, on to moving. Best money ever spent during this process below:

Everything taped up and ready to go. The buyers wanted every single curtain/window treatment in my house. I was glad that I left them with something that actually wanted them, because they were going to be left anyway.

The movers moved everything into the new house. They said that the leather couch would not fit up the stairs. We didn't believe them so Neil and Andrew gave it a whirl. It did not fit. They even tried the smaller couch, too. Nada. The only thing that happened was they tore up their hands and knocked light bulbs out of the light fixtures. We might have to put it in through the window. Good try guys!

The sweetest helper loves playing in the boxes!

Did I mention that the buyers wanted everything? We had to leave the fridge, so we had to buy a new one. Best Buy delivered bright and early.

The yard guys were awesome! They worked from 9:30-7. They worked so hard. We had a huge pompous grass on the side of the house. They are not my favorite so they dug it out. He had to use the chain saw to deal with that thing. He also said they are razor sharp and he found 2 snakes in it. Gross. I am so glad it is gone. BTW: Jeff is SUPER reasonable with his landscaping. He would be a great guy to use if you need someone.

The electricians were so efficient. They even helped Neil install the TV mount.

Plumber installing new disposal

We have had a few busy days. I am so ready to get settled in and decorate for Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. enjoy your new home! btw, i totally agree with you...mover's = best money spent! i see Lonnie in your pic. we love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. We moved over Thanksgiving and I am so thankful for movers, altough I would not recommend TJ's Mighty Movers, they were 2 hours late becaue of another job. I had a goal and that was to be totally in our new place by yesterday. DONE I am so happy to be finally out of boxes. BTW the most famous toy of all time is a BOX. LOL I am so happy for you guys, enjoy the decorating for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...