Sunday, October 17, 2010

Pumpkin Party

We hosted a little Fall party for our Sunday School class today. It was a really fun time. The weather was great. It was BYOP (bring your own pumpkin) to carve or paint. I don't think it is a secret that I really love Halloween. It is so much fun. I love all of the different Halloween foods you can create.

I saw this Alton Brown idea and tried to re-create it. It was supposed to be a smoking candy bowl. I bought dry ice yesterday and put it in my freezer. I guess our freezer isn't cold enough for dry ice. It melted into a really tiny piece. I think it looked cool for a few minutes.


Tablescape: love it! Thanks to Emily for the awesome decor.

One of my favorites: Dead Man Dip. I cut the bread into a coffin and then added the skeleton. The skeleton was supposed to be under the dip, but since it was a hot dip I didn't want it to melt into the dip.



Leslie made the cute paintbrush pumpkins and blood salsa. Thanks Les!

The Dicharry family


Beautiful pumpkin by Bennett!



Serious pumpkin carvers

Ginny, Carolyn, Conner, Erinn & one of the sweet twins, and Georgia

Mason let us borrow his cool jumpy house for the party. The kids loved it!

Bennett and Mason

Bennett eating his marshmallow monster

The boys kept hitting the baseball over the fence so Cole hopped over to get it.

Perfect for the calendar...Rebecca, Clara, and Carolyn.
It was a really fun time and we are so glad that everyone came!

3 comments:

  1. There are so many people in these pictures that I didn't realize you guys knew, too! Joe and Kay, Ginny Dean ... what a fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything turned out perfect! It was such a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh you are so creative! I love how you decorated for the party and the creative food you made! We are having a halloween party and I just might be stealing some of you cute ideas.
    I don't know how I forgot about meeting adorable little Bennett. Of course I remember meeting him at the crawfish boil now. It has just been too long! And I hope we can come to the one this year. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...