Saturday, September 19, 2009

This Weekend.

Starting on Friday at school I did a lesson on STD's for my 3 Adult Responsibilities classes. Mrs. White gave me the lesson and the idea. I am always excited for the students to be up and doing hand's on activities. Anyway, it was about the "Honeymoon Bed!" When I told Neil about it, he thought it sounded like a law suit, but the kids really understood the concept.

It started out with a blanket on the floor in the middle of the room. I had all the chairs around so the students would be able to watch. The blanket represents the "honeymoon bed."


The lesson is about John and Maria and their sex partners and how diseases are spread through so many people. It is gross as one student said, but the point was made. Sometimes you have to "act" it out to show the concept! I passed out name tags to everyone and read a story. As I read the story and called out each name, that person had to take their seat on the "honeymoon bed." Pretty soon, the bed starts to look like this:
At the end, we discussed what the honeymooning couple should do and how they would bring up the conversation to their partner. The last point is "How crowded do you want your honeymoon bed?" I think it turned out great!

On Saturday, we got up and had breakfast with Gammy at Strawns. After, that we came home and got ready to go to Ruston for the TECH's first home game. I do love my Alma mater, but wish we had more school spirit!

Right when we got into town, we went to the TECH bookstore to get some TECH shirts for our little family. I wanted to take Bennett to the Lady of the Mist but we didn't have the time. So, we just got a little family picture in front of Wyly Tower. This was Bennett's first visit to the TECH campus.

After, Janine and I went down to Lewis Boutique so that I could look at the new dresses. They have some really cute stuff! I got 2 new fall dresses, 2 necklaces, a shirt, and a Vera Bradley lunch box for school. I felt like a student walking in to school with my brown paper lunch sack.

When we got home Grand-Machine and Bennett were all ready in their Tech gear.

We got to the tailgating area and it was so nice. I haven't been back to a game in a long time and they have this huge Alumni pavilion with flat screen TV's. It was really nice to see how much Tech has grown.

Neil and Richard went to the game and we came home and had a girls night plus Bennett. Rebecca ordered a bunch of food from 102 A Bistro for our dinner. We had tons left over. I am even going to have the baked potato soup for lunch tomorrow in the TL (teachers lounge).


After we ate, Aunt Rebecca read "What Aunt's Do Best" to Bennett. It was so sweet. Rebecca helped me to get my grades entered. It was so nice to have someone call out the names and scores while I entered them! Thanks Aunt Becky!



We got home today and were just in time for the Saints kick-off. We really dropped the ball today because we were supposed to bring breakfast to Sunday School this morning. A BIG thanks to the Buteaus for helping us out on that one!

7 comments:

  1. I think I got a little misty eyed seeing Wyly Tower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how Bennett smiles at the camera! GGB is 18 months old and I still can't get her to smile!!
    Is it awkward talking about all that s.e.x. stuff with your students?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like ya'll had a full weekend. Bennett looks so cute in his Tech and Saints tshirts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting class lesson! I bet that was awkward! Little Bennett looks precious as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are brave--I wish you could come over and teach my children! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was supposed to go to the game but had to work on the house instead... ah the never ending project!!! I bet that class was a tab awkward...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! It was great seeing y'all at the game on Saturday! Bennett was adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...