Saturday, January 5, 2019

Christmas Tree Bonfire

Our little Christmas tree bonfire that started with 7 trees a few years ago grew to 96 trees and lots more people this year!  

My favorite things about this year were the texts from people saying they had lots of trees or when we would load up and fill our trailer with trees!  I love "tree runs!"  One day I saw a huge tree on the side of the road.  I called Neil to ask him to pick it up.  He didn't.  The next day I was on my way somewhere and saw a truck on the side of the road picking it up!  I was like nooooooooooooooooo!  Turns out: it was Kyle McGuire!  Woohoo!  All for the Bonfire.

So many sweet friends came to help make it a success!

I made these sweet signs so people would know how to get to 390 Dick Camp Road!

Sister loves to help!

Neil and Jacques made some delicious gumbo.  They made about 40 gallons of gumbo and about 30 pounds were tossed. :(





Chopping meat and getting it ready for the gumbo!

Thanks, Jenn for slicing all this bread!

Cookie decorating station was a hit!

Pops couldn't eat the gumbo, but we were glad he came!

The boys had so much fun running around in the woods!

S'mores Station!

I thought it would be fun to have a bunch of different kinds of chocolate for S'mores!




I had a fun little scavenger hunt for the kids.  I had 4 stations.  One with candy, one with head lamps, one with silly string, an done with glow bracelets! I like to make sure all the kids are lit up!




Rebecca even bought a few friends!  SK was excited about Jackson Yates being there!




Neil borrowed a flame thrower to start the fire!  It was lit!






Henry's sweet friend, Hudson and his family came!  They are the sweetest!

CG, Kyle, Justin, Neil, Kenny, Jacques, and Robert

Sister loves Uncle Daniel!

BUN and Lill


Jeff Pace got stuck  and Beau had to pull him out!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...