Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Gingerbread House Luncheon

When I heard that Dave Pelzer was coming to speak at the 20th annual Gingerbread House luncheon-I knew I wanted to go.  When I saw that the tickets were $125 each I knew I wouldn't be able to swing it. 

Dave wrote the book "A Child Called It."  Mrs. White and I taught this book SO MANY times that I feel like I've read the book 100 times.  I commented on the post on Facebook and tagged Mrs. White! She was pumped too!

Later on that day, the Executive Director sent me a text and invited us to go!  I feel a little free-loader(ish), but we wanted to go and I am so glad we did!  What a special treat to hear Dave Pelzer speak about his trials with child abuse and how he overcame it!

Me, Dave, and Mrs. White!  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...