Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Henry's Golf Cart Accident









We had a super scary day the other day.  Bennett had a friend over, SK was asleep in her bed and we went outside to play.  I thought it would be fun to go on a crow hunt using the nerf guns, crow decoys, and golf cart.  We were all so excited to put out the decoys and hunt them (redneck, I know).  Until it went horribly wrong within the first 5 seconds.  Bennett and Sam loaded the crows on the back of the cart and strapped their guns on the cart.  We all loaded up and started moving maybe 1 foot.  I didn't find this out until we got home from the ER, but Henry tried to reach down to get a toy off the power wheel jeep and rolled off the golf cart.  I didn't know until he started screaming.  It was so awful and I could cry just typing this.

Sam said "Aw man, does this mean I have to go home?" ha!

I pick him up and screamed "my baby, my baby, my baby!"  We went inside to call Neil, Dad, Sam's mom, and the pediatrician.  All of these people said they couldn't understand me due to my hysteria! Dad showed up to watch the kids so I could get Henry to the doctor.  About the same time, Sam's mom came and took Bennett and Sam.  Neil got home and we headed to the doctor. The pediatrician's office told us to go to the ER or Urgent Care.  We went to Urgent Care because it was closer.  They looked at Henry and sent us to the ER.  We arrived at the ER with Henry and Sarah Kathryn.  They were both bring so good considering. 

I called Mom and she headed to the ER to pick up SK and to check on us.  She and Amy really saved the day!  Mom got SK and Bennett.  Amy went and picked up the cookie cake we were bringing to the baseball party, got Bennett dressed, and took him to the baseball pizza party AND sent me pictures!  Thanks, Mom and Amy!  What we do without you?


Henry was being so good considering his injuries.  When we were at home I had only seen that his arm was scraped and that he was favoring it.  I thought it was out of socket.  Bennett said "look at his head!"  Didn't see that.  Also, I didn't know he had anything on his back until they showed us at Urgent Care.  I cannot believe I didn't see all this.  The concrete did take off some of Henry's hair. which was unfortunate.  
Waiting for triage and to see the doctor

Cleaning all the injuries was so painful for him.  He was so brave!  Neil wanted me to step out of the room because I couldn't quit crying, but I was NOT leaving my boy.  I didn't let Henry see me, though. 
 

His head, back, ear, and arm are the most banged up. 
Henry had a CT and full body x-rays and they all came back NORMAL!  Thank you, Lord for placing your protecting hand on my big boy.  I am SOOOOO THANKFUL!  Blood work and urine were prefect, too.

We just took it easy the next day.  He was sad not to go back to FBCS camp, but he needed to rest.

Get Well balloon from Amy
His camp group made him a card.
And my amazing office gave us a Frozen Frog gift card and a massage to me.  The card that everyone signed was sooooooo sweet!









2 comments:

  1. Poor Henry and poor YOU! It is so hard on us Mamas when our kids are hurting. So thankful he is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so scary!! Glad he is ok!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...