Saturday, November 28, 2009

Show Us Your Life-Christmas Traditions

Kelly is hosting Christmas Traditions today! One of my favorite family Christmas traditions is the Christmas Elf. This has been something that my dad's family has done for a few generations and I can't wait to pass it down to my kids. The night before Christmas Eve (Dec. 23rd) everyone puts out their shoe. We usually put them under the tree. You wake up on Christmas Eve and the Christmas Elf has filled it with goodies! Depending on where you sleep, your shoe will have different items. There was a more healthy elf at my dad's house who left an apple or orange and $10. At mom's, there would always be pez, candy, and other special gifts. This has always been such a wonderful memory for me!

This is what I imagine it will look like this year for the Christmas Elf.

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful tradition, Lindsey! Have a joyful season! Love, Fi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what will be in Bennett's shoe??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is super-cute! Love that idea, and I love the three shoes lined up - it says so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsey, I just HAD to share with you what I learned in my German class today. On December 6th, it is St. Nicholas Day in Germany. Guess what the tradition is? Everyone puts their shoes out and wake up to gifts placed in their shoes (or a piece of coal if they have been naughty ;-)) God bless you and your family! Fi ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindsey, I just HAD to share with you what I learned in my German class today. On December 6th, it is St. Nicholas Day in Germany. Guess what the tradition is? Everyone puts their shoes out and wake up to gifts placed in their shoes (or a piece of coal if they have been naughty ;-)) God bless you and your family! Fi ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...