Saturday, February 28, 2009

Seeing Your Marriage Through the Eyes of God

We got up this morning around 7 to get ready for the marriage simulcast. Gammy (my mom) got here at 7:45 and the baby was still asleep when we left! We thought that it was about right that he slept when we had to be up early!

The "Seeing Your Marriage Through the Eyes of God" simulcast was so great. There were 5 really great speakers and Jeremy Camp lead the worship portion. He is really good...I have heard him on K-LOVE but not in a worship setting. I really enjoyed him. 2 of the speakers really stuck out to me. The first was of course, Beth Moore. She always says things that really hit home. She talked about letting the good be good. We always want everything to be great even when it's good in our marriages. I will have to say that I feel like we are friends (Leslie knows what I mean!) because I knew about most of the things she was talking about! She referred to a lot of stories about her family that are often written on her blog. She talked about being the "Bride of Christ." It was something I needed to hear and I'm glad I did. The second of the speakers that I enjoyed was Gary Thomas. After his lesson, I was like "wow!" He says that we should become a God-centered spouse and to seek first the kingdom of God. He also said that we should have the "heart to" instead of the "have to" regarding our spouses.

I so enjoyed mine and Neil's time together today. It was great to spend a day with my hubby. Bennett had a wonderful day with his Gammy! This is what we had waiting on us when we got home:




Can you tell we were excited to see him?


I love Neil in this new sweater of his...he looks so handsome! :) He calls it his "krueger" sweater.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the marriage seminar was good. I love Jeremy Camp's music. I had no idea that he spoke as well!

    Take Care!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...