Sunday, February 22, 2009

Frugal Gourmet

In an attempt to save money and not help boost the economy, we have decided to eat everything in our freezer and cabinets before we go back to the grocery store or go out to eat. Neil and I discussed this over a fab lunch at Giuseppe's on Friday. I realized that we waste so much food after organizing my cabinets on Saturday and found about 7 pounds of 2 year old powdered sugar. So, last night we had taco salads..tonight we had soft tacos. Lots to eat:







Looks like we have a long way to go.






With our new routine in place, it's a good thing that we had a Junior League meeting 2 weeks ago. I bought 4 new JL cookbooks from places like: Tulsa, Chicago, Jackson, MS, and Covington. I am trying to go through them and make recipes that we have all the ingredients. Last night I made "Fool's Toffee." Talk about easy. It tastes pretty good too. Here is a picture.


We did very well with our new thing until today when I had to go to Brookshires and get milk, cheese, and Weight Watchers ice cream bars.

2 comments:

  1. Yea for frugalness! Good luck with conquering your pantry and freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blog world!
    Drew and I are doing the same thing! I have tons of easy, simple recipes...call me and I'll pass them along.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...