Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Grandparent's Day 2013

We had Grandparent's Day yesterday to celebrate our "super" grandparents!  They are the best grandparents and we just had to let them know how much we love them.  Grandparent's Day isn't actually until next weekend, but Neil has his yearly camping trip so we scheduled it for Labor Day.  I am so glad we did!  I love having Labor Day to rest and relax and boy do I need it.

I whipped up these invites using my Cricut.  I think they turned out so cute!  I made each one have hair to match the person's hair that received it.  Becky's had a blond ponytail.


I've been so tired and exhausted I just couldn't make anything.  We ended up eating a trio of salads from Bistro to go and a cookie cake from TCBY. Talk about EASY.


I found these popcorn holders on Amazon and ordered them. The popcorn was the biggest hit. I am shocked at how much people like popcorn!

Bennett LOVED this year's theme.  He even helped me decorate.  He said "I think we need my Hulk piggy bank!"  He went and got it and placed it on the table.  Same with the Spiderman car.  Such a helpful big boy.



Super Pops and Super CC

I was so glad that Gigi and Grim drove over from Ruston to be there.

Gammy is so much fun.  Reid and Henry had a blast playing in the floor with her.

We wanted everyone to open their gifts at the same time.  Right as I said that my dad went to the bathroom. People were getting antsy to open their presents.  Bennett picked out some sweet Batman wrapping paper.

Janine had her pictures opened first and had no idea what she was looking at.  Rebecca happened to look over and see something extra special.  She gasped and went into the kitchen.  We really missed Grandad during all this excitement!
I think they were shocked at their gifts!

What is it?

Gigi didn't know what to think!

All the grandparents received pictures of their grandchildren/great-children.  Since it was a "super" theme, we gave them a 3 opening picture frame with a picture of each other their grandchildren and grandchild to be!  The pictures said "You. Are. Super!"

You guessed it!  We are expecting our 3rd baby in April 2014!  I am still very new pregnant...7 weeks tomorrow.  I am praying for a healthy baby and a smooth pregnancy.  I get to hear the heartbeat again on Wednesday!  We are thrilled!!!!!!!!!!  Neil was a little nervous to tell people so early, but I am of the mindset of you are either pregnant or not.  I love having the support of family and friends during this sweet, special time.
Carolyn has a picture of her grandkids, Reid and Dean.  I didn't think she'd want a picture of my sonogram!


Here is a close-up of the pics.  Bad pic, but you get the idea.
Henry was on his way to a nap when I snapped this pic.

Nana and Bennett.  She had just given him some $ for his bank!  Now I know why he put his bank on the table!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...