Monday, August 12, 2013

Henry's 2nd birthday

We wanted to make Henry 2nd birthday extra special.  I wrapped up a few gifts and hung up a little sign for him to wake up to.  I kept feeling like a slacker because I didn't have any balloons but I just had to let it go.

I got to Wal-Mart at 6:30 am to pick up a couple of breakfast items that I'd forgotten to get.  I got home and got cracking on the birthday pancakes.  These things are absolutely delish!  We even had blue frosting glaze thanks to Gammy.  Henry woke up about 7:15 and was ready to open his gifts!  


We gave him a cape like Bennett's, dress me Elmo, new flashcards, a new copy of his favorite DOG book, a bubble mower, and Bennett got him a remote control car.

Bennett was really proud of the car he got for Hen. Hen loves his "puppy book!"


Next, it was breakfast time!  I like to sing to my boy and put candles in the food for every meal!
my 2 year old!


This was one sweet brother for Henry's birthday morning.  He helped him open his gifts and helped him blow out his candles.

Gammy came over for breakfast and couldn't wait to get birthday kisses!

I was so happy that my family came all the way from Houston to see my 2 year old!
Mom, Henry/me, Carrie, Courtney, Aunt, and Cal

After my family went home we played and Neil ordered pizza for lunch. Henry was loving having all his family around.  Aunt Becky and Uncle Andrew were there too!
Happy Birthday to my 2 year old!

Henry loves to buckle buckles so Andrew got him a "buckle buddy" backpack.  How sweet!
After lunch Henry had a nice nap and then headed to his birthday party at Gymboree.  We had fun, came home and opened presents, and saw our family off.  We headed to Imperial Cathay for dinner because we were just too exhausted to cook dinner.  Rebecca and Skeet joined us.

This was our last meal of the day for a candle!  I'm so glad I remembered to bring it to the restaurant.  The only thing the candle would stick up in was the bowl of white rice.  It's Henry's favorite so it worked for him.
He never actually blew any candle out.  His "blow" wasn't very strong!

brother was a big helper with the candles

He is so happy with his big bowl of rice!  He likes to eat it by the handfuls!

Our family still decked out in our Gymboree gear.  Wish that light wasn't across our faces.  I love these people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...