Saturday, January 6, 2018

Annual Christmas Tree Bonfire

We had our annual Christmas tree bonfire and it was our biggest stack of trees yet!  We had over 40! Thankfully, Jennifer went tree scouting and found tons! She even found one with the lights still on it. We added it up that it was probably around $500 they we were going to send up in flames on that one tree!

Neil and I drove around one morning on trash day and picked up about 20 trees that were on the street for the taking! Genius idea by Neil.  
The kids had a blast running around at the camp. We cooked, we ate, and I even made a little scavenger hunt with silly string, light up necklaces, and candy.  I will expand that next year I think.



So much fun with these wilderness kids



This is the light given off by the bonfire!!!  

Something scary is that these things are in people's homes.  They go up in flames in about 3 seconds.  

H and me

SK was home with Gammy while we enjoyed the fun. Guess we will have to take her next year!

Jill, Kate, and Nolan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comments! They make me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...